Date and place of birth: October 18, 1964, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
Position: Rector of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University
1986 – graduated with honor from Vasyl Stefanyk State Pedagogical University, Faculty of History.
Since 1990 till 1993 – post-graduate student at the Chair of Politology of M.Gorkiy Kyiv State Pedagogical Institute and at the Chair of History of Ukraine of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian University.
1993 – defended Ph.D. theses at Taras Shevchenko Kyiv State University on the subject “Ukrainian national education in Western Ukraine. 1919-1939 (political aspect)”.
1999-2002 – working for doctor’s degree at the Institute of Political and Ethno-national Researches of Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences.
2009 – Doctor of Political Science: doctoral theses on the subject “Ukrainian and Polish ethno-political relations in 40-50-th of the XX century”.
Work Experience: He began his career in 1988 as a senior laboratory assistant and teaching instructor at the Department of History of Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (the USSR) and of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (the USSR) at Vasyl Stefanyk State Pedagogical Institute.
1993-1996 – Teaching Instructor, Associate Professor at the Department of History of Ukraine, Deputy Dean of Law faculty at Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian University.
1996-1999 – in the diplomatic service at the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Poland: the second and then the first secretary.
1999-2002 – the member of International scientific seminars “Ukraine-Poland: difficult questions”.
2002-2006 – the first secretary, the counselor of political questions, Chargé d’Affaires ad interim at the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Poland.
2006 – Vice-rector on international relations of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University.
2011 – Professor at the Department of International Relations.
April 20, 2012 – Rector of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University.
In 2002, he was withdrawn from the doctoral program of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine in connection with the sending of a long-term diplomatic mission to the Republic of Poland, in which he served until 2006 as First Secretary, Political Advisor, Charge d’Affaires of Ukraine in the Republic of Poland. Participated in the negotiation process to commemorate the places of Ukrainian-Polish memory and prepare a declaration on reconciliation on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Volyn tragedy.
Titles, academic degrees, awards, etc.
• Doctor of Political Science, Professor.
• President of the Minor Academy of Sciences of Ukraine in Ivano-Frankivsk region.
• Doctor Honoris Causa of the University of Rzeszow (Republic of Poland, 2015).
• The member of Specialized Council on defense of the doctoral theses in Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University.
• Actual member of Ukrainian Academy of Political Sciences.
• Awarded with the Diploma of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine “For services to the Ukrainian people”(2010).
• Honorary distinction of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland “Bene Merito”.
• Jubilee medal on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the birth of the Blessed Martyr Hryhoriy Khomishin (2017).
• Medal of the Cyril aTsependa Igor Yevhenovychnd Methodius Center of Eastern Europe at the Maria
Sklodowska-Curie University in Lublin (2017).
• Honorary title “Honored for the Higher State Professional School in Gorzów
Wielkopolski” (Academy in Gorzów Wielkopolskiego).
• Honorary Consul of the Stanisław Stashitsa Mining and Metallurgical Academy in Krakow.
• Vice-President of Volleyball Federation of Ukraine.
• Member of the Ukrainian-Polish Partnership Forum under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
• President of the Ivano-Frankivsk regional branch of the Small Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
• Valid member of the Ukrainian Academy of Political Sciences.
The author of over 70 scientific publications devoted to the history of Ukrainian-Polish relations in the twentieth century and modern bilateral relations of Ukraine and Poland.
Among the scientific interests are the problems of the Ukrainian-Polish confrontation during the Second World War, the deportation of the Ukrainian and Polish population in the context of the Soviet geopolitical interests of the postwar European order, as well as the deportation of Polish citizens of Ukrainian origin within the framework of Operation “Wisla”.
Married, brings up two sons and a daughter.